A unique opportunity exists for a Supply Chain Manager to become part of our team; Australasia’s largest co product stockfeed team.
With a heritage dating back to 1923, Castlegate James has been helping Australian and New Zealand farmers and animal nutritionists achieve optimum livestock production targets through a range of high performance, specialty co– product stock feeds. Castlegate James products are mainly directed at the ruminant feed market, dairy and beef cattle, sheep, and goats. Our product range includes major grains, protein meals, manufactured moist feeds, traditional grain mixes, sugar/starch/energy mixes, pellets and an extensive range of co-product stock feeds which have been sourced from the food and beverage industries around New Zealand.
This role will be located in Upper Hutt, Wellington. Reporting to the Group General Manager Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Manager is the day to day contact for all key freight and co-product suppliers. The role includes supply contract management, freight contractor coordination, liaising with the sales team to ensure all sales are delivered on time. The role oversees the supply chain team and works closely with the operations and sales teams in managing the demand planning including the timely movement of all incoming and outgoing freight requirements.
To be successful in this challenging yet highly rewarding position, you will possess the following skills:
- Control and co-ordination of the Castlegate James’s New Zealand Supply Chain functions including direct responsibility for incoming and outgoing transportation of the Company’s products with optimum efficiency, safety, and economy whilst maximising supplier and customer service levels from collection and delivery.
- To provide leadership to the New Zealand Supply Chain team, developing and monitoring KPIs and providing coaching and training to direct reports.
- Drive logistics objectives for the Castlegate James’s New Zealand business as per budget plan.
- Work with suppliers to improve on site and transport efficiencies to improve cost performance.
- Oversee the accurate and timely calculation, recording and advice of contracted purchase prices in accordance with co-product supply agreements and arrangements.
- Work in close co-operation with Sales and Operations teams to ensure sales and distribution strategies are aligned with supply commitments and that forward sales planning meets projected product availability to ensure no disruption to our suppliers’ site operations.
- Oversee performance and analysis of transport arrangements including the benchmarking of rates to ensure best practice and competitive freight routing.
- Oversee co-product supplier collection procedures and performance to ensure supplier site storages are effectively cleared in a timely manner and supplier site operations are always uninterrupted whilst ensuring zero non conformances in product quality.
- Ensure freight providers are compliant with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, comply with the Company’s and supplier site policies and act in a safe and professional manner.
- To participate in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts, both long and short term, in accordance with Company policy and requirements – in conjunction with the Group General Manager Supply Chain.
Your experience profile will include:
- 5-10+ years demonstrated experience in a similar role in Supply Chain
- Exposure to either an FMCG or supermarket environment ideally at a nationally level
- Understanding of Chain of Responsibility requirements in New Zealand.
- Demonstrated expertise in bulk freight, logistics routing and demand planning/S&OP.
- Experience in ERP system management for supply chain, ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365, SAP or similar.
- Exceptional commercial acumen - total supply chain costing/budgetary experience
To be considered for this role, you will be degree qualified preferably in in Logistics, Business or Engineering.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our market leading organisation with a commitment to agriculture in the Australasia
If you have the required attributes and would like to become part of our team, please apply for this position by including a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this position together with your resume to; [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer